Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blue's Clue's Cake

I didn't have time to take pics of how I made the cake but I think I can explain it easily. I made a single layer cake mix cake, I poured the rest of the cake batter into both regular and mini cupcake cups. I frosted the cupcakes in blue and dipped them in blue sugar I had leftover from my wedding and the cake in green. I used cut up Twizzler pull and peel candy to look like the spiral. I had some of these red Wilton Sugar Sheets leftover from the Poke Ball cupcakes. I printed an outline version of the Thinking Chair onto card stock. I cut the chair out of the paper and held it up behind the sugar sheet and found that the sugar sheet was slightly transparent enough to see the outline through it when held up to the light. I cut around the outside of the chair, then placed the cut outs (still stacked) on my cooling rack and placed my phone under in flashlight mode* (I couldnt think of any other lights that would shine up, and fit under my cooling rack, or easily accessed) I piped on melted chocolate along the lines, and moved it to my green frosted cake. The letters on the paw prints are more Twizzler pieces. (I ended up having a few more cupcakes than you see.)

*IPHONE TIP If you go to camera and turn it to video mode and turn the flash ON, the flash will shine like a flashlight without having to download an app for that. The camera is easily accessed from the lock screen, so its great for quick access. Beware, I'm sure that this drains the battery, so only use until you find a flashlight if there's a chance you cannot charge your phone, like in a power outage.

No comments:

Post a Comment